SUGGESTED LIST OF KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR MONITORING TOWN CENTRE MANAGEMENT
1. Capturing customers
- Overall quality of promotional programme.
- Programme of events.
2. Catering for customers
Quality of access:
- Access 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Access for buses (lanes & journey times).
Frequency & coverage of catchment.
Management of car parking:
- Method of control/payment.
Free short stay provision.
- Pricing structure.
Balance between short & long stay.
- Retail mix.
- Support for Sunday & late night shopping.
Character of the place:
- Quality, character & condition of buildings.
- Extent & quality of pedestrianisation.
Disruption & duration of streetworks.
- Vacant property.
3. Caring for customers
- Toilets: provision & cleanliness.
Baby changing & shopmobility.
Clean and safe:
- Street cleaning.
Quality of streetscape maintenance.
- Graffiti removal.
- Street security & car park security.
- Police presence & participation.
- Vagrancy & begging.
- Monitoring footfall.
Frequency of visits & newsletters to businesses.
- Level of business participation in the programme.
Click to return to 2000 Report.
Click to return to 2000 Findings.